Thursday, December 24, 2009

Giddiness (Proverbs 13:19)

When a task is set, a goal sits on the horizon. As that goal is met, a satisfied accomplishment fills the heart.

"Satisfied desire is sweet to a person; therefore it is hateful and exceedingly offensive to [self-confident] fools to give up evil [upon which they have set their hearts]." Proverbs 13:19, Amplified

The human heart needs to have a sense of accomplishment. I know for myself that the dream of becoming a teacher has set on my horizon for far too long. However, know it sits only three units out of my grasp. Every time I think about the fact that I am only one class away from my desire, I feel all giddy inside.
But for the fool, the same thing applies for him when we speak of evil. For him to depart from it is taking away his sweet desire. He gets the same feelings of accomplishment from his wrong doing that I am getting from reaching my own goal. It is hard for a person to understand the heart of one who does those bad things.

No comments:

Post a Comment