Thursday, December 3, 2009

Depression (Proverbs 12:25)

It is easy to get bogged down by the world around us.

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs it down, but an encouraging word makes it glad." Proverbs 12:25, Amplified

Anxiety is caused by worry. Worry is simply lack of faith in our God. Yes, as human beings we have a tendency to see only the temporal and not the eternal. We have a tendency to see only the physical and not the spiritual. When we lose our focus on the Lord, anxiety sets in. Some translations use the word depression in this verse.
Depression is very real, and can be devastating to a Christian. For years, I have battled with depression. I used to take pills to help with my depression. Since i was seventeen I have not taken the pills. Over the years I have managed with the depression because a good word did make me glad. Of late, however, the fight is getting harder for me, so I must root myself deeper into the Lord.
I am meeting with a good friend today to help me with a tough decision today regarding depression. I know the Lord is with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment