Monday, December 7, 2009

Eternity (Proverbs 12:28)

Death is a place that all must visit. For the Christian, it only comes once.

"Life is in the way of righteousness [moral and spiritual rectitude in every area and relation], and in its pathway there is no death, but immortality - perpetual, eternal life." Proverbs 12:28, Amplified

To give one's whole being over to the Lord opens the door to eternal life. Death comes for us all. How is life being lived now for yourself. Are your actions an echo of your soul? Is what you do reeking of eternal life?
When we die, there will be two judgments, one for us and one for them. The Great White Throne Judgment will send everyone who approaches it to Hell. The there is the judgment for those belonging to God; what was done with the name of Jesus? How was life spent? Those of us who do not encounter the Great White Throne will be blessed to live a life eternally with our Creator.
There is a great spiritual truth for us all to know, "For those who sow to the flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit real everlasting life." (Galations 6:8, NKJV)
I pray, everyday, that what I do reeks of eternal life. I want others to desire what I have. I want the opportunity to share the prospect of eternity with everyone. I want to live like I was dying. Everyday important. Everyday my last. Everyday my moment to shine for the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment