Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Praying for a Wife (Proverbs 19:14)

There are many different things that one may inherit from his parents, however, a wife is not one of those things. She comes directly from the Lord.

"Houses and riches are the inheritance from fathers, but a wise, understanding and prudent wife is from the Lord." Proverbs 19:14, Amplified

There is not much to say about this verse because it is so self explanatory. Our parents may leave us with the wealth of this world or even a wealth of knowledge. But the Lord is the only one who can give us the wife of our desires. This can even be said of women and their husbands.
My mother prayed for my wife since I was in the fourth grade. At first I thought it kind of weird, but after thinking about it, I realize that she was praying for my wife long before I met her, long before she knew who I was. It is because of prayer that I met my wife. The Lord led me on a fantastic journey of meeting my wife. Every relationship failed because she was not the one for me. Relationships ended abruptly and I have no idea why. But if my mother had not prayed for Rhiannon, would I have ever met her? Who knows. But what I do know is this: my wife came from the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment