Monday, June 7, 2010

A Harvest of Words (Proverbs 18:21)

The produce of the mouth can either lead to life or death. What kind of produce are others harvesting from you lips?

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they who indulge it shall eat the fruit of it [for death or life]. Proverbs 18:21, Amplified

I asked the question at the top of the page of what others would be harvesting from our lips. However, this verse is about what we ourselves are harvesting from our own lips. This verse os totally me centered.
As I speak, I have the power within myself to either allow my heart to continue to rot from sin, or to exhort my soul. Jesus Himself said, "But I say to you for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgement. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned." (Matthew 12:36-27, NKJV)
There is not much more to say on this verse. So then the question arises, are you harvesting life or death within yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment