Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Slothful and the Idle (Proverbs 19:15)

Slothfulness, laziness and idleness all have one thing in common: the destruction of self.

"Slothfulness casts one into a deep sleep, and the idle person shall suffer hunger." Proverbs 19:15, Amplified

Nothing good can come out of laziness. Like the Bible says here in this verse that it is going to cast one into a deep sleep. When one sleeps, nothing physical happens outside the body. It is almost like the person is sleepwalking. With laziness, entropy takes over the body and life of that person.
Idleness is that state of doing nothing. When a car is turned on and running, but is not moving, it is considered to be idling. Our idle hands will cause us to suffer hunger.
There is not much more to say about this verse, it is pretty self explanatory. My life suffered much idleness and laziness. Because of this I am not real happy with where I am at in my life on a professional level. I could have done more. But now, with determination and hard work I will get to where I feel I need to be.
Also be aware that when one suffers laziness, slothfulness and idleness, he becomes unable to be directed from the Lord. Our walks are always moving, either forward or backward. Direction only comes from the Lord when we are moving in a forward motion. Don't get me wrong, I do believe the Lord can speak to anyone at any time in whatever state their heart is in. But in order for us to know and understand where the Lord desires us to be, we need to be moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment