Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Rhiannon (Proverbs 18:22)

This next verse has to be one of my most favorite out of all of the Proverbs. I hung my heart on this verse for so long because I wanted to be married.

"He who finds a [true] wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." Proverbs 18:22, Amplified

There is a fact about me that some of you may not know. In fact I will bear myself to you and expose two things that may not be known.
First, I remained a virgin until the age of 21. My heart was so intent on being able to give that to my wife. Many of my friends did not understand why I wouldn't have sex and I suffered much ridicule. Unfortunately I gave up my virginity to a girl who was not my wife. You see, I was so focused on the fact of loving and being loved, that the Lord became a close second in my life. No longer did my quest include the Lord, rather I had given it over to my libido. I was so sure that Roberta was going to be my wife, that I gave my heart and soul over to her. In that there was a pregnancy scare. What I did not know, is that she was already pregnant and was trying to find a suitable husband and father. Thanks to science and the County of Riverside, I found that the baby was not mine. If I had remained on my quest of virginity, all this would have never transpired.
Second, I was so in love with being in love, that I was engaged several times. Rhiannon (my wife now) was not my first attempt at happiness. I had asked five girls to marry me. The problem with this whole scenario is that someone ends up getting hurt. It has been so long, I cannot remember everyone I had asked to marry me. What I do remember, because of my impatience I hurt people and I was hurt.
Rhiannon and I were together for a long time. We even broke up for a while. But our relationship stood the test and trials of life. We knew each other as friends before we knew each other as lovers. When I found Rhiannon, I found a good thing and I obtained much favor from the Lord. My advice to anyone who is itching to get married is to be patient and wait.
"Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh." (Genesis 2:24, NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment