Friday, January 1, 2010

Diligent Discipline of the Lord (Proverbs 13:24)

What a great verse to ring in the new year with.

"He who spares his rod [of discipline] hates his son, but he who loves him diligently disciplines and punishes him early." Proverbs 13:24, Amplified

The Lord has taught me so much this past year. 2009 was not without its downfalls, however, if I have learned on thing, it is that the Lord loves me. He has disciplined me over this year to show me that He loves me. "The rod and rebuke give wisdom..." (Proverbs 29:15, NKJV) "Correct your son and he will give you rest..." (Proverbs 29:17, NKJV)
I thank God that He loves me enough to rebuke me. What this does is it puts me back on the right path and shows me that He has not forgotten about me. I may forsake him in prayer and in reading my Bible or going to church. But He is ever diligent to keep me in His right standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment