Thursday, January 28, 2010

Life or Death Situation (Proverbs 14:30)

It is important for the mind to be at ease in our Christian walks. Anything else could mean that we are either afraid, angry, anxious, jealous or even another number of things that are not from the Lord.

"A calm and undisturbed mind and heart are the life and health of the body, but envy, jealousy and wrath are as rottenness of the bones." Proverbs 14:30, Amplified

Do not be confused, the Lord does not wish for us to sit calm and undisturbed. The Christian life is most times anything but. This calm and undisturbed mind is not allowing any other outside life to become disruptive. Our Christian walk consists of ourselves and Jesus, no one belongs.
Envy and jealousy are the tiniest of seeds, but when cultivated, have the ability to destroy a firm foundation with wrath. The man withering away from envy, jealousy and wrath is the saddest of sights, for he never has anything to call his own. My walk is my walk; however the Lord chooses to bless me in my walk is my blessing. As long as I am focusing on my walk, then I cannot be consumed with the life of another.

No comments:

Post a Comment