Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hope for the Hopeless (Proverbs 14:2)

I couldn't sleep again tonight. So I am going to the emergency room this morning. I have so out of of tune with the Lord for so long, I did not want to leave without doing my devotion first.

"He who walks in uprightness reverently and worshipfully fears the Lord, but he who is contrary and devious in his ways despises Him." Proverbs 14:2, Amplified

As an employee for Denny's for over two years, my walk with the Lord wavered greatly. I had begun to smoke a year before, however I resolved to quit as I made the transition. This of course did not happen. My life was slowly slipping away and out of my control. I stopped going to church on a regular basis. But my love for the Lord did not die. Deep inside I knew that He alone was the answer for me. It was not until I had been fired that I finally reached out to Him and called upon His name for help. In getting fired, "Red Letter Addition" was born. I actually began a daily devotional. This is something that I had never done before in my entire relationship with the Lord.
As I walked in my own devious ways for that while, my heart was contrary to the Lord. I began to hate the people of my church that I had once loved. Not because they had slighted me, but because the light of the Lord shown so brightly in them. It is impossible to serve both the Lord and the flesh. Only one will rise victorious. The Lord is prepared to put up a fight for your soul, but you must be willing to fight along side Him. There will always be hope for the hopeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment