Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Lamp of the Lord (Proverbs 20:27)

If you truly want to find what lies in the depths of your heart, read the Word. As we read the Word, we become more in tune with the things of God and better understand our own spirit.

"The spirit of man [that factor human personality which proceeds immediately from God] is the lamp of the Lord, searching the innermost parts." Proverbs 20:27, Amplified

Our own spirits are the lamp of the Lord. It is interesting, because we initially become our own judges. It is like this event that happened at my job last week. I was so angry at the people involved and the administration and even myself. But as the week progressed, my spirit was my own lamp. I didn't dwell on what happened necessarily, but I prayed that the Lord would reveal what I needed to do. I eventually wrote a letter of apology, which became more therapeutic for myself. As my spirit searched out my own heart, the Lord revealed the disgusting thing that my heart had become. I actually like to liken this light more to a black light which illuminates al the nasty an dingy stuff that a regular light cannot expose.

No comments:

Post a Comment