Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cheating (Proverbs 20:23)

Cheating is something that is covered quite frequently in the Proverbs.

"Diverse and deceitful weights are shamefully vile and abhorrent to the Lord, and false scales are not good." Proverbs 20:23, Amplified

To have diverse weights menas that you have various weights that all labeled x amount of pounds, but the actual weight of each varies. This is cheating whoever is buying from you. Whats more than that, is this is also favoritism. In essence you are giving guy one a break on what he is buying from you, whereas guy two is paying more to make up for the break that you just gave.
The good thing about Christ is that He paid the same price for all of us. His life covers me just as much as it covers Donald Trump of even President Obamah. I do not have to do more to earn my way into heaven because I am more poor, nor do they have to do more because they are richer than I.

No comments:

Post a Comment