Friday, July 16, 2010

Good Children (Proverbs 19:26)

It is important for us to be good children to our parents, no matter how old we are.

"He who does violence to his father and chases away his mother is a son who causes shame and brings reproach." Proverbs 19:26, Amplified

This again is one of those verses that really needs to exposition. It is as plain as day. Be good to your parents. If we are not good to our parents then we bring shame and reproach. I know that there was a time when my parents and I didn't get along. Just realize that it is never too late to reconcile. My father and I became closer even though throughout my life I could not stand the man. The Lord allowed me to see him for the man he truly was. As my father lay on his death bed, all the shame and reproach I brought were gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment