Friday, July 9, 2010

Future (Proverbs 19:21)

We can plan our lives out as we please, but the true outcome for our lives coms from the Lord.

"Many plans are in man's mind, but it the Lord's purpose for him that will stand." Proverbs 19:21, Amplified

Our plans are worth noting if they are not rooted in the heart of God. He has a wonderful plan made for us. As we walk with Him, we can look back on a beautiful history and expect a glorious future. The Lord told Jeremiah, "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you as a prophet to all the nations." (Jeremiah 1:5, NKJV) We know not what is going to happen from one day to the next. Accidents may befall loved ones or even ourselves. So we cannot predict the future, only plan and hope for the best. Or we can place our futures in the hands of the Almighty and know that He has a wonderful plan for us. Even before I was born, the Lord had my life planned for me. What is it? I do not know, but I am excited to find out.
The Lord goes on to inspire Jeremiah to write, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11, NKJV) What the Lord has planned for us is always a good thing. We may go through our share of trials and tribulations to get to the end He has prescribed, but that end will always be good, so long as we plan our lives in His hands.
Remember this one saying, "We know not what the future holds, but we know who holds the future."

No comments:

Post a Comment