Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Envy (Proverbs 24:1-2)

I know that one of the hardest things to reconcile within myself is being envious of those who are not walking the same way that I am. This is only because they seem to be happier at times than I am. They seem to be more prosperous, than I. But the end, my friends, that is the true goal for us as Christians. Prosperity now does not necessarily mean Heaven later.

"Be not envious of evil men, nor desire to be with them. For their minds plot oppression and devise violence, and their lips talk of causing trouble and vexation." Proverbs 24:1-2, Amplified

The problem with evil men is that their minds are constantly focused on evil things. Their is no room for anyone else in their lives, only themselves and their evil thoughts. I said earlier that men who are not waling the same walk that I am seem to be happier than I. This is one of the truest statements I think I have ever made. But we must realize that happiness is based upon circumstance. Joy, true joy, comes from the Lord Himself and is based totally in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment