Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Contentious Woman (Proverbs 21:9)

There are plenty of things that a man can deal with, however, one of them is not a contentious woman.

"It is better to dwell in a corner of a housetop [on the flat oriental roof, exposed to all kinds of weather] than in a house shared with a nagging, quarrelsome and faultfinding woman." Proverbs 21:9, Amplified

It is quite a funny picture to paint within the mind, to see a man on the corner of a house. It is a precarious and uncomfortable place for him to be. However, the precariousness and uncomfortableness is much better than a woman who is obnoxious and quarrelsome. This woman is special to him, too. She is his wife. He has made a covenant to stay with her to death do them part. This is why it is so important to pray fervently about who it is your are to marry. My mother prayed for my wife since I was in the second grade. She knew that whomever she was, she must be very special. I will tell you what, I see no rooftops in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment