Tuesday, August 18, 2009

He Still Works (John 2:1-4)

I was out tonight at a friends house for a Bible study. It was my first Men's Bible study that I have attended in a while. Logan Harper taught from the Gospel of John. I was quiet, taking in every detail he had for me to absorb. It wasn't until right now that I had an epiphany about one of the Scriptures that he had covered. I just had to deviate from my normal morning devotional blog to insert this little gold nugget that I stumbled across.

"On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. Now both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding. And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him, 'They have no wine.' Jesus said to His mother, 'Woman, what does this concern have to do with Me? My hour has not yet come.'" John 2:1-4, NKJV

As we read further into the text we find that Jesus did in fact perform His very first miracle and turned water into wine. I have a proposal for you to digest. The wedding is a type for Christ's love for the church. The father brings the bride to the bridegroom just as we read in Genesis when God brought Eve to Adam. We, as the church, are that bride and Christ is our bridegroom. As we speak, we are betrothed to our Beloved, waiting for Him. But He says, "My hour has not yet come." His time to come for the church is not now, it is not here. But until that time He will ensure we have all we need. He cares so much for us that He works constantly to make sure that His bride is taken care of. Though His time has not yet come, Jesus performs miracle after miracle in our lives. Though His time has not yet come, we still see Him work, we feel him work and we experience him work. So much so that others around us see that what He has done is so much better than what we once had.

No comments:

Post a Comment