Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Excuses are Like... (Proverbs 22:13)

It has been a while since I looked into the book of Proverbs. I hate feeling so sick that I cannot get up and read my Bible. This is only an excuse, just like the verse we are about to read today. Everyone has excuses, but it does not make them right.

"The sluggard says, There is a lion outside! I shall be slain in the streets!" Proverbs 22:13, Amplified

This is an obviously strange excuse for any person to use. But I think what Solomon is trying to point out here is that any excuse is almost too extreme. Notice, however, that he qualifies the excuse as being made by a lazy man, or a sluggard. This is a person who has almost perfected the excuse. I know that I have my excuses, I just hope and pray that they never get this extreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment