Friday, October 22, 2010

Don't Miss the Harvest (Proverbs 22:8)

This next verse is a warning to us all.

"He who sows iniquity will reap calamity and futility, and the rod of his wrath [with which he smites others] will fail." Proverbs 22:8, Amplified

I am no more qualified to point this verse at anyone else than you are at me. When I read this verse, I cannot relate it to anyone but myself. There have been times in my walk where I have failed to walk righteously. I need to be that example for my family and if I am out sowing iniquity then I will miss the harvest.
But this verse points to a truth that Jesus spoke of in the Sermon on the Mount. He stated that we tend to see the speck and ignore the log. If I am going about living life according to the flesh, then I have no business correcting anyone else who is doing the same. This even goes more for my family than anything or anyone else. I would be a hypocrite if I chose to live this way. I admit that everyday seems to be a struggle and when I do falter, the road to redemption seems more arduous than before. But the point of repentance is to make a changing of the mind and turn from those sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment