Friday, May 28, 2010

Hearing the Whole (Proverbs 18:13)

It is very important to listen to a whole story, or testimony, before rendering judgement.

"He who answers a matter before he hears the facts, it is folly and shame to him." Proverbs 18:13, Amplified

I work on a playground with elementary children during their recesses and lunches. It is important that I listen to them when they come to me with a grievance. When I have heard the whole matter, then I can dole out punishment, or discard it as a useless tattletale. But I must hear the whole thing.
The same can be said about our laws. Now I believe our judicial system to be totally dysfunctional. But in the beginning it was not so. Our system was designed to find a person either guilty or not guilty by reason of trial which included evidence and testimony. Nicodemus even stated so in favor of Jesus when questioned by the religious leaders. The whole story can be found in John 7:45-52, but the verse I want to focus on is 51. "Does our law judge a man before it hears him and knows what he is doing?" (John 7:51, NKJV)
It will be to our own condemnation when we answer before the whole matter is heard

No comments:

Post a Comment