Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Foolish Son (Proverbs 17:25)

When a child acts inappropriately, he not only damages his reputation but also the reputations of his parents.

"A self-confident and foolish son is grief to his father, and bitterness to her who bore him." Proverbs 17:25, Amplified

There almost seems to be no need for explanation here. By reading the verse, one can come their own logical conclusion as to what the verse is saying. By acting like a fool, disgrace is brought upon the parents of that fool. I know that as I while I was a young man, I did not pretty vile and foolish things that brought some shame upon the heads of my mother and father. I am just glad that I had the opportunity to rectify my life and relationship with my father before his passing and be the son that he wanted me to be. A son that he could be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment