Friday, May 21, 2010

Cleansing & Refreshing Words (Proverbs 18:4)

Counsel is a gift given to us by the Lord.

"The words of a [discreet and wise] man's mouth are as deep waters [plenteous and difficult to fathom]; and the fountain of skillful and godly Wisdom is as a gushing stream [sparkling, fresh, pure and life-giving]." Proverbs 18:4, Amplified

One of the descriptions and typologies of the Word of God in the Bible is water. In the Tabernacle of the Old Testament, we find through study that it too is a typology of the Word of God. The Word of God is a cleanser, it washes us thoroughly and more completely than any soap. As we develop a closer relationship to the Lord, we too can have the same effects as His Word. Filling ourselves more and more with Him, our words come more into line with who He is. It feels so good to be that refresher for someone instead of being that diuretic. Water like this is not convoluted nor is it polluted.
To be this man described in the verse above may mean a drastic revamping of social behavior for oneself. I know that for myself I have had the occasion to be that spring of life but rather decided to pollute my conversation with things that were not of God. I, myself, have more work to correct my conversation because I desire to be that person who refreshes. Each day is a journey to that new place in my relationship with the Lord. I hope that you too will take the steps in your own life to be that well spring of life for humanity. The world is thirsty and all Satan is serving is diuretics, we must be the one's to refresh the world, however, we ourselves must be refreshed daily in the Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment