Monday, April 19, 2010

Children (Proverbs 17:6)

Lineage was a very important thing to a person back in this era. Even today it means something.

"Children's children are the crown of old men, and the glory of children is their fathers." Proverbs 17:6, Amplified

A family line is a sort of symbiotic union of persons. The "children's children" being spoken of is referencing grandchildren. I know that as I grew up, I brought some shame onto my father's head. But as I matured and found myself in the Lord and became married that my father joy could be found in my children. And again, as I grew up, my father brought a lot of shame on my head, but as he found the Lord in his life I couldn't have been prouder of him.
"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward." (Psalm 127:3, NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment