Thursday, November 26, 2009

Tilling for Satisfaction (Proverbs 12:11)

The Lord blesses those who work for what they get. I am in no way saying that people who come from money are not blessed by the Lord. Having money or no money, the Lord still wants us to use our hands.

"He who tills his land shall be satisfied with bread, but he who follows worthless pursuits is lacking in sense and without understanding." Proverbs 12:11, Amplified

It is in the nature of man to do nothing. I would much rather not work. But I know my own heart would be consumed by a worthless pursuit. Does this mean that I am without sense? No. I have the sense and understanding enough to know that I must work and stay busy.
As of right now, I am not making a whole lot of money where I work. In fact it is about half the income that I am used to bringing home. I till my land by going to work everyday. In doing so, the Lord has blessed me with the ability to pay my bills, my mortgage, have food on my table for my family and clothes on our backs.
If I were to allow my heart to follow its own desires and lusts, I would lose everything. I pray the Lord give me the strength to make it through each day. His grace is enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment